Thursday, December 22, 2011

Haircut Woes

So in the last few days I've allowed myself to come to the realization that Adam's hair was in need of a good trim. It was painful and I have been very slow to admit the truth, but there was no denying it anymore. As much as I loved his mess of adorable curls, it was time for a professional to take a stab at the situation. So we went to a kid's hair salon this morning.

The problem is, there is no warning in those parenting books for the amount of irrational emotions that follow when your kid has their first "real" haircut. I had trimmed a little off the sides when I could get him to sit still long enough, and typically I left the situation unhappy with what I had done. But seriously, they should put blinking red lights and sirens on the front of the kid salon doors to warn mothers who are irrationally attached to their babies' (almost) curls and fluffy manes...

Pre-haircut


It's a mess, I know... this is his un-brushed mullet.


At the salon, He sat still (briefly) with a lollipop, in a car, and watching Thomas the Train . . . and he still wanted me to have both hands on him at all times. I didn't mind that part though. It was being covered in trimmings of his beautiful blonde hair as she hacked it off that was killing me.

Post Haircut
Blurry, but was the best picture I was able to get that showed his new haircut.

 


I admit that his new hair cut doesn't look bad. In fact, I know it's an improvement. It's just not what I really wanted, I suppose. I didn't want her to take a lot off the top, but she took off more than I had hoped. I told her we "style" it by brushing it all forward, but now we can't really do that because the bangs are uneven and it looks better brushed to the side.

But if I were being completely honest with myself, I guess I'd have to admit that my real problem is that I took in my adorable little baby...

....and came back with this cute big kid.

It's hard to imagine that these two pictures were taken literally within two hours of each other. They say they grow up fast, but my goodness!

No comments: