Friday, February 25, 2011

Morning Overview

Tonight Shannon and I are going to see Cirque Du Soleil. It's a good thing, because this is how my day has started.

1am: Still not asleep because I can't turn my brain off.

1:05 am: Adam starts whimpering because he's hungry but is trying his best to make it through the night. He whimpers for about 10 minutes, but conquers the hunger.

4:30 am: Adam starts whimpering again. I question his ability to tackle it this time, but he never fully wakes up to cry for food. He whimpers off and on for about 45 minutes.

5:00 am: Still can't go back to sleep. Get up to get water. Find Shannon on the couch, awake with back pain and get him a heating pad.

5:30 am: Adam is still whimpering. I decide to go ahead and feed him.

5:31 am: Discover that Adam's cough, stuffy nose, and now EYES are completely mucousy and realize that actually going in to the office today is not going to happen.

5:35 am: Feed Adam. Wipe his eyes. He can't figure out if it's time to wake up or time to go back to bed. He's okay with either. I put him back to bed.

5:40 am: Realize that since I need to work from home, I should probably run back up to the office to get my cell phone, which I had accidentally left overnight.

5:45 am: Take a shower.

6:00 am: Go to the office, pick up my phone, leave again.

6:30 am: Back home. Log on to work.

7:45 am: Call daycare to tell them Adam won't be there and to ask some questions about how Adam was bitten by another "baby" on Wednesday . . . Things aren't adding up. Questions were answered, but still not adding up.

8:30 am: Call pediatrician, schedule appointment for 11:30am.

9:00 am: Adam finally wakes up. Eats breakfast. Watches his video.

9:45 am: I change Adam's extremely dirty diaper. Extremely dirty. I put it behind me on the floor. Manage to control the mess and diaper him quickly.

9:46 am: Caley decides to roll in the dirty diaper. Diaper contents all over her tail and back.

9:47 am: Take Caley outside and spray her off in the cold. Lock her in the sun room. (She's not in trouble, but she's all wet.)

9:48 am: Come back inside to find Adam pulling out every wipe in the baby wipe container and grinning like he found a pot of gold.

Is it only 10 o'clock in the morning?

1 comment:

Delia said...

What a day! Hope you really enjoy Cirque tonight. Cooper is also a fan of pulling out all of the wipes. Some days I just let him, though.