Monday, May 7, 2012

2 Years Old; 2 Birthday Parties (Part 1)

Adam turned two on May 5, and because I move around very little and very slowly lately, we opted for something low-key. But since it was low-key, he actually got two birthday parties.

Adam and his cousin Krysta have birthdays that are very close to each other - so we were able to join in on Krysta's big "I'm 4!" celebration with her friends at Gymboree in Oklahoma City the weekend just prior to Adam's actual birthday. I wasn't able to go, but Shannon was very good about taking pictures and said that Adam had an incredible time.

(Since I wasn't there, I don't have stories to share, but maybe I'll convince Shannon to jump online and post a little more detail). For now, though, the pictures seem to demonstrate pretty clearly that he enjoyed himself with his cousins.
Opening presents. A three-wheeler from Papa and a Cars hat from Nana.
From what I'm told, once he got the three-wheeler he had to open all the rest of his presents while sitting on it.
Buzz Lightyear from Mom and Dad.

His Cars cake, which Shannon said he loved.
Just about to blow out his candles...
 But mostly I think he enjoyed playing...

Not quite sure what's going on here, but it looks like his cousin Angela has it under control.


I hear rolling his cousins in the barrel was great fun too.
 



tunnels...

The birthday girl, Krysta


Shannon said that after the cake, Adam spent the entire car ride back to the house yelling at the top of his lungs (excitement? happiness? The sheer joy of hearing how loud you can be?). It looks like party number 1 was a success, and it was awfully sweet of Krysta to share her 4th birthday party with Adam.

No comments: