Saturday, December 29, 2012

Loving the Present

Today was a normal Saturday. But my normal Saturdays are pretty freaking awesome.

After breakfast everyone took a bath.

They always look so angelic after a bath. I think the water makes everything right in their world.
 Then they took naps... well, Colin and Claire did. Adam tried but just couldn't do it.


Colin woke up early and talked with me for a while before Claire got up for lunch. He stole Claire's paci because he's teething and it's the best thing to chew on.
"How does this thing work?"
After lunch, Adam and Colin did a puzzle together.

Then they played on the floor. While Adam tried to nap.
  
 Shannon put together Adam's new trampoline (a late Christmas gift that the elves couldn't make in time).
 And while he did that, the boys rested and Claire and I read her favorite book.

When it was clear that Adam couldn't sleep despite trying for an hour and a half and resting very quietly (only coming out to tell me that the babies were being "too loud"), we watched Dora the Explorer, and walked him outside to see his surprise.

He loved it.



 While he jumped Shannon took a picture of me with the twins.

And I got one of Colin sharing his thumb with Claire...

Adam jumped until his face froze and his teeth chattered (even with a hat and jacket), but still cried when we told him it was time to come inside and get warm.

After all the jumping, Adam asked to go to bed at 7 pm, so of course I said yes... but he couldn't sleep first without reading 4 books, including his favorite...
"Read Sam-I-Am?"
After Adam went to bed I caught Shannon snuggling with Claire.

If only every day could be Saturday.

No comments: