Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Adam's Pre-K Graduation

It always seemed silly to me to do a preschool graduation ceremony... but they are so harmless and cute that it's not like you could boycott it, right? Plus the kids are excited. Adam is now very interested in what Kindergarten will be like... and basically, it will be the same thing. Same teacher, same class, most of the same kids, just a little more work. I think that's how it should be.


My parents came and Shannon's flight back from Nashville arrived just in time for him to make it. Claire wore her prettiest pink dress and Colin wore his favorite plaid blue shirt. Adam looked so handsome, and knew most of the program-- songs like Peace Like a River, The Fifty Nifty US States (he likes that one the best), fumbled through the one about all the Presidents, like all the kids did, and there was that song about how the the mandible is connected to the something and the Cranium is connected to the vertebrae; a clavical was in there and something else about a tibia and fibia. I don't know. All I know was when I sang that song in the 3rd grade (definitely not when I was 4) we used those fancy terms like "shoulder," "ankle" and "arm-bone."





Adam was super cute and posted right in front of me by divine intervention, sang the first part of the program softly and quietly... promptly stopped, mouthed "I HAVE TO POTTY!!" and stopped everything he was doing so he could focus on that. To his credit, he didn't run off and he didn't stand there and grab his crotch, so I'm going to count it as a 100% win. After a few minutes I could tell he was pretty uncomfortable so I shimmied to the side and told a teacher running the program and we pulled him off so he could take care of business.


Then he got his little paper diploma, we pushed through the crowd back to his classroom and he and the twins and their friends had cake and got some congratulations. Overall I rate it: Cute. Glad teachers and faculty take so much time out of their lives to make things special for our kids.

It wasn't enough to get handshakes, he wanted hugs all around.
Congrats, big Kindergartner.

Adam with his buddy Liam.

It's not a party without Adam's CAKE FACE.

No comments: