Sunday, April 24, 2011

Is it Easter?

The month of April has been a whirlwind. And very literally, if you look at what the mini tornado did to our side fence last night.

Last weekend we hung out with Shannon's side of the family (Brandi, Angel, Krysta, Caden, Ted, and Shane) and spent part of the day in Euless watching Jason (Shannon's Bro-in-law) play hockey and the other part either napping (that would be Adam and me) or grilling (that would be Shannon and the group). The weekends always seem to move too quickly lately.


 
I'm almost to the point where if I write that Adam is NOT sick, that would be more like "news" than to report that he is sick. On Monday Shannon took Adam to the pediatrician because of a sinus infection + bacterial infection in his eyes. Though he was smiling as brightly as ever, the daycare called to say that he looked like crap (although they used nicer language). More antibiotics for us.

On Wednesday morning I dropped my mom and sister off at the airport and told them to remember to drink wine at every meal (even breakfast) while in Rome for the next ten days. My brother and I are house sitting while they are gone.

So Adam spent the weekend with me at my parents' house and FINALLY slept well in a bed/pack n' play that wasn't his own. Either that, or my sister's room is the perfect place to sleep. My parent's house isn't completely baby-proof, and Adam had a love-hate relationship with that concept. (On one hand, I can touch a whole bunch of things that I've never touched before and am not SUPPOSED to touch... on the other hand, mom tells me "no" WAY too often). He loved wrestling with Uncle Chris, "showing" Chris the house, and in general climbing on him. We even had dinner just the three of us at El Fenix, and Adam flirted his way into free sopapillas.


Ice Cream Sandwich Face


Adam is frequently using the words "hi," "mom," "dad," "adam," and "dog." He screeches in what still sounds like an attempt at "Eli" whenever he see Eli. He waves "hi," "bye bye," and "good night." And he is already training to be a rock climber. He climbs better than he walks, and he spent all afternoon on, off, and in this laundry basket. Somedays I wonder why we buy toys.

King of the Laundry Basket

While Adam spent the weekend away, Shannon was "lucky" enough to get to do some much needed housework - like weed, mow, trim hedges, landscape, clean, do laundry... I married well (and trust me, I know it).

Adam's hair is beginning to look like Doc Brown from Back to the Future -- with little wings and a comb over. I know it needs to be cut, but it will be a two-to-three person job and I don't want to part with the baby curls.

Great Scott!
It's one of those mother's irrational attachments. Like his pacifier - I've always said that I would take away the paci before my kid can toddle around with one in his mouth (and Adam truly only gets his paci when he is napping, sleeping, sick, or in rare situations. He typically doesn't have one in his back pocket at all times anyway.)  When I think pacifier, I think "baby." And this kid is trying to grow up so fast as it is, that I think I'll have the harder time letting go of it.

So when he took a nap today and didn't need his pacifier, it was a little bittersweet for me. 11 days until his 1st birthday. Can it be true? Is it already Easter?

 


No comments: