Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm Sticky.

This Saturday morning, I was blogging and Shannon was on triple baby patrol. He let Adam watch Curious George in the mancave while he fed Colin... and had to call me out of the room (literally, called my cell phone). He asked if I was almost done, and I said I was. I came out and he asked me to check on Adam. I realized that it had gotten very quiet... and therefore expected that something was destroyed.

Apparently Adam had been yelling to Dad: "I'm sticky!!"

I went into the mancave and found that Adam had been playing with my acrylic paints that I had not yet put away from an art project he and I had done together (oh, about 2 weeks ago). The tops were off and sitting on the bar, along with the bottles of paint. Adam sat in the chair in front of them. I searched and searched and searched for the giant mess that Professor Chaos was bound to have created, and saw nothing.

"Adam, were you playing with the paints?"

Adam looked at me, stuck his little pointer finger up to show me a little speck of yellow pain on the tip of his finger. "I'm sticky!"


Wow. Talk about dodging a bullet there.


After that I took him for a haircut and he was extremely well behaved. He asked to sit in the red truck, he watched Toy Story 2, ate some gummy worms, and when the clippers on his neck scared him, he looked at me with a very composed expression and said, "Mommy, I need a paci."

I swear, these haircuts get me every time. They make him look like a completely different person...

No comments: