Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bowties and Pearls


"Thank you."
"What the?! Seriously, that was mine."
Colin's personal stylist.

Colin and Claire's first birthday "theme" was "Bowties and Pearls," and this is "Part One" only because I know that there are other photos of the birthday that I don't have yet. So we'll start with what I do have...



 





I ran out of helium for the 60 balloons I had planned to put in the backyard... and gave up instead of seeking out more helium. It didn't matter, because the sun destroyed most of the balloons by the end of the hour anyway.
Some of these pictures were taken by my sister Robin and some of them were taken by my Aunt Becky and my cousins Mandie and Tracy. I didn't take very many of these at all, and they turned out incredible!)
Not dressed in party clothes yet.

Colin has become an expert at pretending he has no muscle at all when he has to do something he doesn't want to do.

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Claire, on the other hand, put up no fight at all. It's as if she were born in pearls and likes to keep it that way. Here she is having some girl talk with Tracy.

 
Claire and Colin with my cousin Mandie

Then, there was lunch (sandwiches, dips, and grapes). And then Claire goofed off with Tracy for a while as Colin entertained the crowd in the living room.
 



We will never speak of this again, Tracy.
 
My cousin Mandie is holding Claire, and Papa (Shannon's Dad) is holding Colin
Yeah, that's about right for a family photo...

Gus sat in the middle of the party, next to the food table, and made sure everyone knew that he was open to receiving gifts of people food. His most craved treat over this last week is Megan's Buffalo Chicken dip and Frito's, which, quite frankly, has also been Shannon and I's late night dinner every night this week.



They had already eaten dinner and it was time for their cupcakes. Claire was absolutely NOT interested. However, Colin spotted the cupcake and knew immediately that he wanted to eat it, and now. Forget singing happy birthday.

That's MY cupcake! Don't give it to Adam.


Adam happily helped them blow out the candles.

Claire: "I said I didn't want a cupcake, please don't make me eat it!"
Adam ate his cupcake and one for Claire too.

Colin: "I don't need help, Dad, I know how this drill works."



Must have been a funny joke Papa told!


She's a force.




Adam hanging near Grandpa, Jane, and D
Then we opened prese








Claire's motto... "what's mine is mine and what's Colin's... is also mine."






Family Photo... Adam was thrilled to see all the new toys and claimed them as his own... but Claire took a stand.



And then they got in their pajamas.... and socialized until the couldn't take it anymore, and went to bed.




No comments: