Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas 2013

This Christmas was not on the high points for our family in the 2013 year. In fact the last 2 weeks of the year pretty much magnified the misery (health-wise) we had struggled with all year long. A few days before Christmas, after the twins managed to get RSV and strep two days before Christmas, I really tried to be overly optimistic. I was put in my place. The worst of all the days was Christmas Day and the day after (where I was then also attacked by a miserable stomach bug). And by then, I was just done. Done with being sick, done with taking care of sick people. Done with antibiotics, breathing treatments (I believe that for 8 days we did at least 20 a day... in the beginning they are easier... in the last few days they turn into a miserable, painful wrestling match).

But we went through the motions of pretending we were healthy, other than completely quarantining ourselves from the rest of humanity...

On Christmas Eve I found Claire feeling happy and in perfect sunlight. Her favorite place is the master bathroom.





On Christmas Eve Shannon stayed with Colin while I took Adam and Claire to my parent's house for the annual Christmas Eve dinner/party. Then we came home, and Santa dropped by.


On Christmas morning, no one was happy, except that there was something to do... open presents and play with new toys and cuddle.

 ...and do a million breathing treatments...





His favorite.


"What do YOU want?"

"oh, since you're here... open this."

Adam loves his new toy that lets him use a "real" drill to put things together. And he's very good at it.

Poor thing. It was a ROUGH day for him. Day 7 of feeling absolutely miserable.

2 of the 3 miserable ones at least tried to look cheerful for the camera.


This was the part where I just got fed up... instead of getting to go to my parent's for Christmas Day presents and lasagna dinner, we were closed in. The kids got to eat chicken patties, fries and peas for dinner while watching cartoons on their new table. I, personally, was just ready for real food. But it turns out most of my grumpiness was because I was coming down with something too.


This about sums up our Christmas.

No comments: