Friday, July 4, 2014

Birthday Party for Three

On Memorial Day weekend, smack dab in between Adam's birthday and Colin and Claire's birthday, we had a "beach themed" birthday party for the kids, at Adam's insistence. I think next year we may actually go to a real beach, but this year I figured we could swing a slip n'slide, a pool, sandbox, water gun and water balloon fight and some hot dogs with our friends.

My kids started the second the pool came out, which was fairly early in the day. I literally could not get Adam out of the pool for at least 8 hours.






























Adam tried to stop him...

He wasn't quite fast enough.

cleaning off in the pool.
Water balloon "fight."




I think they enjoyed the effort, at least... although I would recommend that if anyone wants to spend 3-4 hours filling water balloons, they should just resolve themselves to getting only a good 5 minute fight out of it. But what's childhood without water balloons?

No comments: