Friday, July 4, 2014

Adam's 4th Birthday

With the kid's birthdays close together, we threw a combined party for them. But Adam still got cake and a present on his actual 4th birthday. He got water guns and Shannon built him a sand box from scratch, and Adam got to help, which was probably the biggest gift to him of all.

Adam is the best helper, maturing so well, and is the sweetest, most empathetic and understanding person I think I've ever met.

He's in the 75th percentile for height and the 90th percentile for weight (all muscle), is a natural entertainer and model and speaks about as well as a 7 year old. Most of the time when he's at a park or playground he walks up to any random kid, and makes an immediate friend, and Adam is in charge. He's the leader, always, but in a kind and inclusive way.

He's learning to read, and even though he's taking a break from school to be home with me, he says he's ready to go back to school, and my heart just aches because he's growing so fast. I love that when we go out to play together he wants me to play with him, and doesn't ask me to go away. I know this time together is so fleeting.

He's sharing a room with Claire now because he and Claire don't like to sleep alone, and Colin likes to wake up and "cuddle" (wrestle) with whoever he can find to antagonize. So far it's working well.

Favorite TV Show: How It's Made
Favorite Book Series: Clifford
Favorite Word: "Flotation Device"
Favorite Accesories: Watch, Belt and Sunglasses

He calls a frisbee a "flying disk," and completely lights up my day in so many conceivable ways. Before I was able to document exact conversations, and I still can sometimes, but I'm soaking up all the real time moments with them and he makes my day, everyday.

Happy Birthday to Adam. You are loved far, far, far more than you know.



She's not really very happy that it's Adam's birthday and not hers.

Why does he get a whole cake??



No comments: