Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day (First Christmas Number 2)

Christmas Eve we went to my parent's house and ate Mexican food and played Wii with the Rackler's. We stayed a while and got home about 10:30 - 11. Despite coming down with (yet another) cold, Adam was wide awake when we got home. But he didn't fuss when we put him to bed. He hung out there for a while, playing with his pacifiers, until he finally dozed off.

Christmas morning, he woke up not feeling well and wasn't all that interested in opening presents. In fact, he was downright nonchalant about the entire process. He went down for a nap for a while, then we went to Denny's (Adam tried some pancakes, no syrup, and was impressed) and then we went back over to my parent's house. He was a little more cheerful about the second round of present-opening. I forgot to whip out my camera there (I know, I know...) but we stayed all day, had steak, baked potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffed zucchini for dinner, and Adam said "Chris" once (but no one believed me), then "Robin" twice. It's sad when I have witnesses to his genius and still everyone says, "oh, it just sounds like he's saying those words but he's not..." Until . . .

Me: "[blah, blah blah, something about Chris]..."
Adam: "Chris"
Me: "Yes, that's right, Chris."
Everyone Else: "Ha ha, you are just taking his syllables and assigning words to them. He's not really saying Chris."
Me: "Sure, okay. Whatever you say... "
2 minutes later.
Me: "[Blah, blah blah, something about Robin]..."
Adam: "Robin"
Me: {to everyone else} "You see!!"
Everyone Else: "He didn't say 'Robin.'"
Me: "He did too say 'Robin.'"
{Robin walks by Adam and out of the room. Adam turns to watch her.}
Adam: "Robin."
{I throw my hands up in the air and look around the table.}
Everyone Else: "Okay, it really did sound like he said 'Robin.'"

Thank you, Adam, for finally giving me witnesses.


We were all wiped on Sunday, and he had a case of need-to-be-with-Daddy all day. Shannon couldn't leave the room without a little crawling shadow or a screaming Adam.





Unwilling Santa Baby... (I'm not making him wave).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your baby!-Lisa (can't figure out my user name and password!)

Delia said...

Ha! I swear this morning when I asked Cooper if he slept good he replied "good." I'm sure Jason wouldn't believe me.