Monday, December 13, 2010

The Weekend

Here are some pictures from last night - a laid back Sunday. Adam had a great time with Caley and playing with Shannon.

 








   
Adam has exploded developmentally in the last few days. He's crawling fast and pulling up all the way to standing like a pro. He's trying to move between objects while he's standing (the coffee table to his musical table, the table to the couch, the couch to the laundry basket). He can if they are close enough but has fallen enough times to know when they are NOT close enough.

I have the week off of work this week, then go back next week for four days before Christmas, and then I'm off work again the week between Christmas and New Year's.

This week I plan on finishing Christmas shopping, doing laundry, cleaning the house, maybe getting a nap . . . maybe . . . and getting ready to go to Shreveport this weekend for Shannon's family "Christmas" - we're doing it early so everyone can be there. And of course, I plan to spend a bunch of quality time with Adam.

He started the week off with a bang by waking up with a dirty diaper at 5:30 am, ate half a bottle and then wouldn't go back to sleep. An hour later, another dirty diaper - and fussy, but wouldn't take a nap or eat. He fussed at me for an hour before I finally gave him some cereal, which is what he really wanted. Then at 8:45 am, another dirty diaper. After that was done, he played on, around, and in the laundry basket while I was folding clothes.

Now he's asleep, and instead of napping I'm still folding clothes and updating the blog instead of taking the nap I had intended. Oh well. I'm going to need a red bull to finish this day, I think.

Sharing some pictures from this morning:










 That last one is my favorite.

Here's a video of him crawling and standing. We have a pool going if anyone wants to put in a guess as to when he takes his first steps.

I'm taking January 8.



See the next blog for videos of him eating this morning. Talk about personality.



1 comment:

Alison said...

Awww, I love that last picture too. The video was sweet. Annnnnnd we're up at the very end.