Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mr. Athletic

7 months and one day - with Santa at the Shops at Willowbend Mall

"Mr. Athletic" is what our pediatrician called Adam the other day. Recently he has demonstrated just how athletic he is. He's crawling fast, pulling up easily, and standing for longer periods of time. In fact, he prefers to be standing, so if you put him down and you want him to stay there, you better back up fast because he'll try to grab you and pull up before you can get away.


 

















Last night he pulled himself into his bouncer (yes, I know it's not the safest but we were there and not far away). This is the first time he's done it, and when he wanted to get down he carefully gaged the distance to the floor, stuck his arm out and gently lowered himself without falling. When he got to the ground safely he smiled to himself - a BIG smile - because he was so happy he did it.

This morning I put him up to his Leap Frog table and he stood there by himself for a while. A couple of days ago he fell once, hard, before I could catch him. And he told me as the tears ran down his face that it was awful and it hurt and he never wants to do that again. So far he's done a pretty good job of preventing it.



















I brag about him so much - his social skills, his laid back personality, crawling 2-3 months ahead of schedule, now trying to pull up and cruise everywhere . . . I may be leaving out the fact that he's waking up 1-2 times a night still to eat or because he's in pain from the acid reflux. He's having trouble understanding the concept of "chewing" foods -- I think he's under the impression that the faster he can eat the better . . . all swallow, no time for chewing. And sure, maybe he does have 6 to 7 dirty diapers a day.

So . . . yeah . . . maybe I do have on permanent rose-colored glasses. But I'm pleading insanity. I've been hypnotized. I can't help it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your adoration! It's perfect!