Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trouble

Adam is full-on, no kidding, crawling. He was scooting and mobile for about a week and a half, but then it just clicked on Sunday, the exact day that he was 7 months old. Then yesterday he spend the entire day improving his speed and is now an expert crawler . . .

But now that he's on his hands and knees and able to get around, all that does is remind him that what he really wants to do is WALK. So he'll crawl to whoever is closest, pull up on them (and he's actually pretty good at pulling up too), and then once he's standing he'll spin around and try to make you walk him everywhere.Two days of honest-to-goodness crawling and now we've got a cruiser.


He's in this strange stage where he doesn't want to be left alone, but he's desperate to be independent. So over the last couple of days, if you put him on the floor to play and he cries. If you pick him up to hold him, he crawls all over you and tries to wriggle out of your lap.

He's grabbing for the spoon when he eats . . . well, not really the spoon. Its a race for my hands to get the food to his mouth and back to the bowl before he swings both arms out and grabs my wrists, then he slides his right hand onto the spoon, grabs it, and feeds himself. I'm all for independence, but feeding is now a messy, tug-of-war process. And he thinks it's the most hilarious game ever. As I'm squirming to get out of his death-lock grip, spoon in my hand and his mouth, he giggles uncontrollably. The picture below captures his glee at "catching" me.

His one food weakness? Blueberry yogurt. He recognizes it by sight and will scarf it down.

Next up on the list of stories to tell - this kid is not shy. We went and saw Santa and he thought it was awesome. First Mrs. Claus came up to him and he grabbed her hand. She talked to him and he gave her a hug (sort of). I took him around the corner to see Santa and he took him in . . . looked at him for a second and half, and gave him the BIGGEST smile I've seen so far. His entire face lit up. We got a great picture, but didn't get the digital print. I'm going to try to get a copy for the blog. We'll see if we have this much luck with Santa next year...

This morning I dropped him off at daycare and there was someone new there - a young, pretty woman with long dark hair and glasses (oh, and Amy was there too, ugh). I've never seen this new lady before but she must have been a sub or something. He looked past Amy at this new girl and he apparently fell in love. He gave her a huge, excited smile, squealed, flung his arms madly, hitting me in the face . . . then leaned his whole body over in her direction. I said, "Oh, do you want to go to her?" and I handed him over.

Way to play hard to get, Adam. LOL. But he's charming, that's for sure. I'm sure he made a friend for the day.

I think we're in trouble.

No comments: