Sunday, May 29, 2011

Improvisation

The first day off of our Memorial Day weekend Shannon and I cleaned. Again. It increasingly begins to feel like because we are two working adults, all there is really time for is work, cleaning, and sleeping. There is playing, for sure. We spend pretty much every waking moment of the day with Adam when we are not at work, but sometimes I have to remind myself that with a one-year old, maybe more time should be devoted to playing than to my sleeping a full 6 hours a night.

But who can complain when you have this much fun?

Shannon mowed the yard early Saturday morning and by 1:30 it was HOT. So I dressed Adam in his swim trunks (second day in a row!) and we went outside. I filled his pool. The water needed some time to warm up, so I tried to redirect him to his picnic table, his house, or anything else he could focus on. When I felt I was successful, I emptied Caley's water bowl and refilled it with fresh water since I already had the hose out.

I turned my back to roll the hose back up, and guess who has improvised his way into a make-shift pool since he wasn't allowed in the other one?





I was able to get some video too. But I'd like to repeat - this was fresh water directly from the house. It is the dog's water bowl but it wasn't hot grassy water that had been sitting around all day. It was basically the same as if he'd been in the baby pool.

Enjoy the show...
 


After having a laugh in the tiny pool I let him go over to the regular pool.


The only trouble with a freshly mowed yard is that there are tons of grass pieces everywhere. We didn't stay out long, but we had fun while we did. Unfortunately, Adam's seems to have some pretty serious allergies and came in with a runny nose and splotchy face from the grass. Better buy the Zyrtec in bulk too.

We're off to the pool today at Lisa and Mike's house - so I should have more pictures and stories about my little water baby tomorrow.

No comments: