Sunday, May 29, 2011

Splash Day

Our daycare is pretty much brand new - It was built less than a year ago. About 1 month ago, they installed what is basically a miniature baby water park on their grounds. Yesterday they invited the parents out for a Summer Kick Off Party and Splash Day.

Adam enjoyed Splash Day. He would walk fast into the water, splash, get sprayed, then turn around blinking with his arms up in the air and come toddling back to me as fast as he can. It seems he likes splashing as long as he's in control of it. Who can blame him though.

After being in the water he had a tough time - he didn't nap very long that day, we believe he is teething (it's hard to prove when no teeth appear, but that's what we're going with. He still only has his two bottom teeth and no others), AND he was just having a not very good day.

Not many parents showed up except me, two other mothers and a father. The other dad was sitting on the floor beside me with his daughter and he was singing, so Adam went over to check it out. His little girl was okay with that and made her way on over and sat in my lap. Adam was not pleased with that idea... I've actually never seen him be so jealous. He came back over and tried to move her out of the way (gently, he wasn't punching her or anything), and he sat in my lap too. Then I think he glared at her and tried to hatch a plan to get her to leave. She didn't seem to care one way or another - although she has an older sister so she's probably used to it.

I was able to get a few pictures, but this is what happens when you aren't prepared except for your phone camera.
Cupcake face. He had one bite and wasn't interested but wore it the rest of the afternoon.
 

Splash!
 
Not sure how I got this warped look - a couple of them came out like this.
Apparently they will be doing Splash Day once a week. Fun. Fun. Fun. Better buy stock in Coppertone or get it by the barrel.

As a mom of a one-year-old, I've discovered that you are extremely popular with your kid. I love that he loves me and wants to be held or wants me to play with him. When he sees me he stops whatever he's doing, grins his biggest grin, jumps up, comes over to me as fast as he can. Who wouldn't love that? One of the things I've realized though is the lack of time or lack of ability to watch him play and interact. He plays differently with kids his age, with his teachers, and even differently between Shannon and me.

I may find myself sneaking peeks around corners to see what he does when he doesn't think I'm watching.

No comments: