Friday, September 9, 2011

Charming Orneriness

Tiffany and I have decided that Adam has a severe case of "Charming Orneriness." The next story is brought to you by Tiffany and our instant message conversation from last night.

Tiffany: "Adam was so much fun today. He was being really sneaky all day. I wish I would've taken pics or video."

Erin: "What was he being sneaky about?"

Tiffany: "He was being sneaky about everything. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm quickly running out of room in my class...so I had to put a big kid table in there. So Adam is now sitting at the big boy table. Well, he kept trying to get up...but the second I looked at him he would run back to his seat and sit down and give me this look like, 'What?! I did nothing wrong....I'm a sweet, innocent, well-behaved child.' Then the second I turned my back, he's up and running around the room. One time I caught him and told him to sit on his bottom in his chair. After some coaxing he did so, and once he sat down, he looked at me and politely said, "ugh" with a slight tilt of his head.

Tiffany: "Then he would go around taking toys and food from friends and look out the corner of his eye to see if I was watching...which, of course. I was...and then proceeded to take whatever it was from his friends and laugh. He came and grabbed my leg and hugged me, then reached up so I could pick him up and he would give me a kiss. He's such a HAM!"


Erin: "Ha! Typical Adam. I don't know how he figured out how to be super charming when he's being ornery. Maybe it works too much on me! He was trying to walk in the yard last night and really wanted to touch the dog crap two feet from him. I told him 'no' often enough that he just stared at it and shook his head no. Then he went over to the garden hose and tried to unroll it. When I came over to stop him and fix it (because he knew I would), he ran back to the dog crap like that was his chance and he better do it quick. He lost backyard privileges for the night. Maybe someday he'll use his powers for good instead of evil. Ha ha. He's SUCH a ham, seriously!"


Tiffany: "Well, he definitely has perfected the art of 'charming orneriness'! He's sooo funny....I can't help but laugh at him even when I try to be upset with him. He flashes those baby blues and I cave. I've tried not talking to him or holding him when I'm not happy with his behavior,  but he just hugs me, kisses my cheek, and looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes and I'm smitten by his charm all over again."
 --------------------------

Oh yes, I know the feeling. I am persuaded into submission daily by this charmingly ornery little guy. This morning he threw a grape at me at breakfast (well, close enough. It didn't hit me but bounced by my head). I told him that wasn't nice and to eat his food. He grinned at me with a cute little gleam behind his eye. He's pretty good at working the room. Maybe too good.

No comments: