Saturday, July 27, 2013

Adam's First Movie Theater Experience

I have put off Adam's first movie theater trip knowing that he is extremely active and simply can't sit still for long periods of time, but not because he has a desire to break rules or be bad... Simply because he needs to feel every experience and his body craves the movement.

But he was ready, and he knew what a movie theater was somehow... Maybe from watching Bubble Guppies. We had to decide between Monsters University or Despicable Me 2, and in the end he picked Mr. Gru. I'm glad he did, it was cute. So was Adam.










He obeyed the rules:
1) you sit in your seat.
2) you are very quiet. (The movie sound was very loud, and he kept turning to me and saying, "they are not being quiet!")
3) if you have to go potty, you tell Mommy and we go. (He did go once and when we got out of the theater he ran like he'd been trapped forever and needed freedom, but he did the deed and made it back to our seat.)

Halfway through his need to move overcame him and he paced for about ten minutes, but HE had picked a seat at the very top with space on either side and it was perfectly fine, and at one point I had to tell him I had forgotten rule number 4: you don't kick or hang on the back of other people's seats, and he responded exactly as he needed to.

When the movie was over, he asked for more. But it was time to go get dinner. On the way, he told me my car needed washed too (it did).

We never made it to dinner...



I think our future Adam-Mommy dates will have a tough time being topped.

No comments: