Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bonding


At the current time (almost 14 months), Claire is taller than Colin by about a half inch, and has muscles that match his. I've seen him "tackle" her by lying his whole body across her face and I watched her simply lift him up and off of her with just her arms. They both weigh about 24 pounds.

Yesterday after drop off at daycare I took a peek in the twin's room and watched Colin have a dispute with a boy that is about 4-5 months older than them. The boy had a cabinet door in the toy kitchen open and was holding it that way. Colin was very certain it needed to be closed, and when the boy wouldn't let go or let Colin close it, Colin threw a pretty impressive melt to the floor, I've-never-been-so-wronged-in-all-my-life tantrum. (He has those about 20 times a day. They're over-dramatic and kind of hilarious. It's almost like he's frustrated that what his mind says he should be able to do, his body doesn't carry out. Either that, or people just really don't do what he needs them to do.)

Claire was half watching, half playing with someone else, and when Colin collapsed in misery, she stood up, walked right over to that 18 month old boy and looked him straight in the eye. He took a step back. I then realized that she was the exact same size as him and just as built. She stared him down, I think wondering if she should take him out, or maybe sending him a warning, and then went over to play with Colin.

I'm certain I'll think twice before making Colin mad in the future. It must be awfully nice to be able to travel as a team.


 





No comments: