Friday, October 26, 2012

Like Weeds

Colin and Claire got the stomach bug that has been going around, and while most people take about 2 full days to recover from it, it took them about a week because of their age. But not the same week, mind you. Colin got it first, and by the time he was nearly over it, Claire got it. So nearly two weeks later, we're finally dealing with almost completely healthy twins.

Claire has been eating oatmeal and rice cereal for a few weeks now, but Colin has been putting it off. A week ago I put a tiny, tiny taste of oatmeal on his lip and he puked on me. So I vowed to leave him alone on the eating from a spoon thing for a while. But I gave him another shot tonight with rice cereal with apples/bananas, and he ate the entire bowl and even a little bit more. I can't even put into words what a relief it was that he showed desire to eat from the spoon and even seemed a little happy about it. Maybe because I was so happy about it.

Well, I'm not so sure, Mom, but if you want me to I'll try again.


Since Claire had been eating the oatmeal and rice so well, I decided she might need to try out some veggies. The first time I tried to offer peas, either she wasn't hungry or she was uninterested. But tonight, after 4 ounces of formula followed by a whole container of peas and another 4 ounces of formula (my goodness, girl), she was finally content. Claire is growing like a weed (at the risk of sounding cliche), and is taller than Colin at the moment. She weighs just a tiny bit less than he does (I know it's hard to tell when you see those sweet little cheeks she has).



They are looking to catch up to all the other term babies faster than anyone thought. Aunt Robin calls them my "bionic babies."



No comments: