Friday, October 26, 2012

To Daycare or Not to Daycare

After 3 weeks of giving 3 babies in daycare a try, Shannon and I agreed that when something just isn't working, you really have to admit it, move on, and find what will work. We really do like the daycare that Adam, Colin and Claire are going to, but the simple logistics of getting 3 babies that age up, dressed, fed, and out of the house every morning before work is enough to make you want to crawl back into bed once it's all done.

Things were only bound to get worse as my job was moving from a 15 minute commute against traffic to almost an hour commute in traffic starting in November. Something had to give.

So for Colin and Claire for at least the next few months, we're getting a nanny who will also help us out with some light housekeeping. I'm thrilled. We had originally shrugged off the idea of the nanny because of cost, finding someone we trusted, and not wanting to pull Adam out of his class.

And then things just kinda fell into place. Adam will stay where he is, we have someone we trust and love, and it fell within a budget we could afford, even though it is slightly more. It's worth it, and I'm optimistic that even though it will still be really hard to leave them every morning, the mornings and evening are bound to be less stressful. I also know they will get more one on one attention, which is starting to become necessary for many reasons.

Adam will continue to go to school full time, which is also ideal because he loves Ms. Jenny, his classmates, and being constantly challenged and entertained all day. Of course he loves being at home too, but he thrives in social situations that challenge him daily.

Ms. Jenny sent me this picture the other day of Adam, who came up to her with his blocks and said, "Jenny look, I made a house!"

This morning he was all smiles when I got him into the truck to go see Ms. Jenny (Shannon had gone ahead and taken Colin and Claire to school about 20 minutes before Adam and I got out of the house so he could get to work at a decent time).

I noticed once we had gotten in the truck that he had given himself a makeover.
When I dropped him off Ms. Jenny told me a story about how yesterday Adam had two baby dolls in the corner, one on each side of him, and he was patting both of their backs at the same time and saying "Shhhhhh. it's okay." What a little sweetheart.

Tonight was the "Fall Fest" -- It still cracks me up that it can't be called "Halloween party" anymore. But whatever.

Pumpkin obsession.
Adam was excited to wear his monkey costume and go see Ms. Jenny, and insisted that it was Ms. Jenny's birthday party.
Getting his face painted by Ms. Jenny
too cute.

Ms. Jenny with Adam.

And now, because we will have Colin and Claire at home, I will get funny stories, pictures, and random updates throughout my day of my babies who are growing far too quickly.

No comments: