Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Preparing for Thanksgiving

Adam is 29 weeks old today. In 10 days he will be 7 months old, and I am loving every second of this age. He is very active, and about 10 seconds from crawling. In fact, he could be crawling for the first time right now while he's at daycare. That's how close he is. He is smiling and laughing and demanding and sweet. Some nights I give him his pacifier and he lies in my lap and i stroke his face from his eyebrow, down his cheek and to his chin and sort of sing "sweeeeetheart..." He giggles each time and gets all sleepy. It's the best 5-10 minutes of my day. He's so ticklish everywhere, even his face.

I noticed this yesterday and this morning that he's trying to bypass the crawling if he can. If he's near enough to someone or something while he's on his knees, he'll grab on and try to pull up to standing. I'm going to have to watch him a little closer and maybe lower the crib earlier than we thought we would.

For Thanksgiving we're going to my parent's house and I am so excited. Adam isn't ready for table food, and actually, yesterday demonstrated a dislike for sweet potatoes . . . although it may have been that he just didn't want sweet potatoes right. that. second. He ate them, but yelled at me the whole time. Once he finished those I gave him another full jar of pears and he was much more pleased with that selection.

He thinks mashed potatoes are the most disgusting thing he's ever put in his mouth. Prunes, sure, sounds okay to him. Mashed potatoes? Gross. So I guess for Thanksgiving he'll have his favorites - Pears and Carrots (I know, festive), and we'll hang out with my family. I've never been so excited for Thanksgiving in my whole life, I think.




Tonight Shannon and I are setting up the Christmas tree. I'm starting to get in the holiday spirit for the first time in maybe 10 years. I've even bought the wrapping paper already (red and white, Adam's favorite). We have basically no money for Christmas, but Adam will get some toys and we'll be together, and that's the best part.












This morning I brought the camera in to Adam's room when I heard him wake up in his crib, and he had a double-thrilling moment: A) It's time to get up and Mom came to get me, and B) Oh yay, she brought the camera!

The colors of this picture made it come out a little creepy, but I had to show just how happy he was when he saw me.


I am not a morning person, but his smiling face everyday makes me actually enjoy getting out of bed.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay for Thanksgiving! It's one of my favorites! Tell baby Adam I hate sweet potatoes too! They are nasty! In the same boat as far as Christmas and money.... O'well like you said we have each other!