Monday, January 3, 2011

Teething

I put Adam in the family room to play alone while I work from my laptop in the kitchen, where I have a clear view of what he's doing but am out of sight enough that he can sometimes forget that I'm not immediately next to him. He's teething, so he's incredibly whiny and needy at the moment.

He's standing at the baby gate yelling at me, but since Little Einsteins is on, he's watching TV over his shoulder while screaming at me.

He's hungry but doesn't want to eat, he's tired but doesn't want to lie down, he's bored but doesn't want to play, and he wants to be held constantly. I know he doesn't feel good, and he's been running a fever over 100 degrees, even with a dose of Tylenol every 4-5 hours. Last night he even got a soak in the bath to bring it down, and I swore to myself that if it was that high today I would definitely call the doctor. He's still running a fever today, but it's much more consistent with what I would have expected with teething.

But he's still miserable, and I just couldn't drop him off at daycare. I don't like doing it when he's smiley and feeling great, why would I want to drop him off with Amy when he's miserable and has a fever? This is our last month at that daycare. I cannot stand the woman and therefore see no need to pay the money and wait it out another 4-5 months in that classroom. I don't even want to give them a chance to "fix" it. They have to know she is horrible, and since Christie left, about 80% of that classroom is full of different faces. The icing on the cake is when I went in to drop him off before Christmas and saw that Amy was "Employee of the Month." Seriously? It's not that I think she's putting him in danger - I just don't think she's providing a very stimulating or loving environment where he can learn. Plus, I simply don't like her. And I have the right to not drop my kid off there just based on that.

So I'm working from home today, and off tomorrow while I take him to the swallow study and probably search for a new daycare.





I wanted to show pictures of Adam screaming at me today, but when I whipped out the camera he started smiling immediately. I think it's pretty funny that I had to work at getting pictures of him crying.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! That bad huh? Glad you've made the decision to find a new place! He is so funny Erin!