Monday, January 10, 2011

Distractions

Without going into too much detail, there are some things going on in my life where instead of trying to cut distractions out, I'm actually welcoming them. So I did something that is completely out of my character . . . something I really never, ever thought I would do . . . something that makes me proud and nervous all at the same time, and makes me wonder what I'm getting myself into, if anything.

I submitted a cover letter and pictures of Adam to two modeling agencies in the metroplex.

I know... what the hell, right? I felt stupid even typing the above sentence. It made me wrinkle my nose and contemplate deleting this entire post altogether.

But here is my rationalization:
1. He loves the camera, and the camera loves him.
2. He thrives in social situations and around new people.
3. He's a natural entertainer.
4. We can always back out any time.
5. If you don't try, you won't get anywhere.
6. It's not a career, this is for fun.

For those of you who are rolling your eyes and are asking yourself, "what in the world is she thinking?"
Here it is:
Hey, if they call, cool. I can see what more this involves and make more decisions as we go. If they don't call, no harm done. I'm not trying to make this a career, and if any jobs come out of it, we can see if he likes it, is good at it, and MAYBE it will finally mean something to contribute to his college fund. They probably won't even call anyway.

So, if only for his baby book, I submitted his stats:
Adam Ham
May 5, 2010
Height: 28.5 inches (approx 2' 4")
Clothes size: 12-18 months
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Blue

And these 4 pictures:



Don't judge me. Like I said, I need the distraction from regular life.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't feel bad silly! He is a gorgeous little boy and I bet would be a great model!

Unknown said...

But he would be a perfect baby model! And don't feel bad for wanting the distractions...I'm with you on that one

Delia said...

Good luck!