Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Civilized

I took Adam to the park, which also a nature preserve with biking and hiking trails. The point was to go to the park, go for a hike, and then go get some pizza. His struggles at school were really taking a toll and I wanted to give him something fun to do.







I had to trick him away from the playground, which he didn't appreciate, and then I quickly realized that he might not be spending enough time in the "wilderness" . . . either that, or it was cloudy and he felt nervous that it was about to rain.







He told me we couldn't go any further because of the big bad wolf, and then demonstrated in case I wasn't sure how to scared I should be.

Hear that? It's the big bad wolf. Time to go home.
Of course, on the way back he found some rocks to climb. I had a few hikers look at me like I was crazy to let him do it. It would have been more painful for me if I had tried to stop him. (I did spot him though).


Come on, keep walking!!


What's this? The playground? CIVILIZATION?!


We got back to the playground and then he found a bird to chase.
The bird won.

Aww, man.
The bird came back down so I pointed and told him to go get it...
A little girl about two years older than him realized his mission and helped.

Then we went to Cici's where he had a couple bites of pizza, bossed around all of the kids in the arcade (7 and 8 year olds), climbed into some 13 or 14 year old girl's lap who was trying to play the car racing game, and then wandered around asking all the kids to come play with him. We got some candy out of the machine, and then went home.

No comments: