Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

I really don't have much to say about actual Mother's Day. Adam gave me a pretty picture with a poem that he made at school, and Shannon treated me with a gift certificate to a spa for a massage and facial.

Then I got to play a soccer game in gorgeous weather, minus the high pollen count, and Shannon brought Adam, Colin, and Claire and met my parents there. Adam had fun on the playground and was concerned about me being on the field... and when I got close enough to the sideline, he yelled at me, as he was being held back from running to me, "Momma! Momma! You need me! Momma, you need me! Come here!"

At one point he did run onto the field with his little arms out to the sides like he was a little airplane, and fortunately play had stopped so he was quickly gathered and taken back to the side.

Then I got some pictures with the kids and we went to my parent's house for steaks. In all, not a bad day...






 This is what it looked like when there isn't the illusion that they are calm and poised...


 And then at my parents' house:

Building.


Claire was sitting at a small table at my parent's house when Adam walked by. I was already taking pictures of her and captured her reaction at seeing him at eye level for the first time.



No comments: