Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gymnastics Birthday Party

We held Adam's 3rd birthday party at ASI Gymnastics the day before his actual birthday, and we had a great turn out of new friends and school friends. Adam had a blast wearing out the instructor, swinging on the rope, jumping in the foam pit and on the trampolines, and getting to be free to do basically whatever he wanted.

Adam chose a Cowboys theme for his party, and I brought the food and cupcakes, and they did everything else. I even left my camera in the bag so I could be present for all the guests and for Adam, and my great friend Nici, who I played soccer with in high school and in college, and my freshman college roommate, took some awesome pictures for me. Some of them I took, but most of them were Nici's.






 
Claire got up there, and then realized she didn't know how to climb down. It doesn't look like she trusts me to do it either.





"How old are you?" "Uhhhhhhhhhhh....."

Colin enjoying the party with Papa.

Adam and his classmates pretending to be ballerinas.

One of my all time favorites!




 
Everyone who came out made the party so special for Adam, and after he came home, he begged to go to Papa's house. When that didn't fly, he begged to go to Mamie and Grandpa's house. When that failed, he put himself to bed... at 6:30 pm. He didn't wake up until 7 am the next morning, on his actual birthday.

On that day, he had more presents than he knew what to do with but loved every single one of them.
Dad and Mom gave him an old digital camera, not realizing that we have to dig for the battery charger... wish us luck.

...and Don't Break the Ice, which we played over and over again...

...and even though he was NOT gentle, I somehow lost 4 out of 5 times.

Big Bubbles.

Colin wanted to help.

Bowling Set from Liam.

Semi Tractor Hauler from Max (which he paused to immediately open and play with).

Captain America gear from Cameron and Lucy

TRANSFORMERS FROM TUCKER!?

Toy Story Memory game from Avery

Hot Wheels and a bubble gun from Finley and Mac. Both were big hits as well.

MARS Robot from Lucas. YELLOW IS HIS FAVORITE!
 He also got a fishing pole from Papa and Shane, and enjoyed his morning learning how to cast.



...love that little grin...


No comments: