Monday, June 6, 2011

13 Months Old


Yesterday Adam was 13 months old. Today he came home running. He was quick before he knew how to pick up his feet and run. Now I'm going to need to start working out a little more to keep up.

He also came home with bite marks on his poor little arm, but we weren't sent home with an incident report, so I have no idea what happened. And chances are the teachers don't either. Adam doesn't often complain so I would not at all be surprised if he reached for something, got bit, and didn't say anything (aka cry) about it. The trouble is, he came home in a terror. If you tried to stop him from doing something he would fling his head back and scream bloody murder for no good reason, which is completely unlike him.

Don't get me wrong, his fits can rival the most practiced two-year-old's... these were just new types of fits. And we didn't have any clue what was happening until I put him in his highchair, gave him his dinner, and Shannon said, "Did they say anything to you about these bite marks on his arm?" I called the director at the daycare and told her... she seemed concerned and I said that we'd just like to talk to the teachers about it tomorrow.

The bite isn't that bad, honestly - he had worse bites when the supposed 13 month old little girl at the other school was biting him over a toy (and now that Adam is that age, I still truly could not see him biting for that reason or that hard... not that the day won't come). But you can clearly see the 4 teeth marks on top and the 2 teeth marks on bottom - this kid got him pretty good. I'm not so worried about the bite as I am the acting out and the impression it makes on him. I do NOT want to get an incident report in the future reporting that he did the biting, and I don't want him to come home ever again as upset as he was today. I guess we'll see what they say tomorrow.

Anyway, this was at lunch yesterday before we went out to play. I'm so happy my 13 month old is so cheerful most of the time:


Giggling:


At 13 months:
Favorite foods: Canned Green Beans, Mandarin Oranges, Yogurt, or Watermelon
(Today he was given chicken nuggets and peas for dinner. The peas went in his mouth - he tried to feed the chicken nuggets to Caley. He did not succeed in that, but he did get a few extra spoonfuls of peas.)

Favorite Cup: a Nuk pirate cup (it can be seen in the pictures in the blog The Weekend Park 1: East Texas Escapades). I'm thinking they don't make them anymore so I went out and bought extras.

Favorite Animal: Cat. Specifically Eli.

Favorite Book: Are You My Mother? (He squeals every time you get to the page with the kitten on it).

Favorite Thing to Do: Pretend Sneeze.

Favorite Place to Be: OUTSIDE!

No comments: