Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Toy

I have come to firmly believe that toys are loved the most when they have been loved by another child first. Pretty much every one of Adam's favorite toys have been donated to us by another family who has already used them.

This weekend, while I was curled up in a miserable ball on the couch, our friends Chris, Lily, and Emily lovingly donated one of their old outdoor toys. It's a Little Tikes slide and kind of jungle gym thing, and it is a hit. If I could bottle up the joy that filled Adam's face for the first 2 hours he played on it, I could sell it and make millions.

He stomped on it and climbed on it and squealed and smiled and crawled under it and was just ecstatic about his new toy, which he got to play with in the air conditioned comfort of our living room because a) I was barely functioning and was attempting to spend a little time outside of bed with the guys (and Shannon brought it in so I could enjoy his playtime too), and b) it's really REALLY hot outside.

Our new challenge is teaching him to actually use the slide as a slide and not as a ramp. He insists on walking down the slide instead of sitting and enjoying the ride.

More pictures will come, but these are ones I caught on the cell phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you Chris, Lily, and Emily! You guys are the best.



No comments: