Saturday, June 25, 2011

Adam and his Eli


From the moment that I got pregnant Eli and Adam had a bond. Eli frequently sat on my lap -- that part was not new. Gus sits on my lap too. I started to notice from the moment I felt flutters that Adam kicked and moved the most when Eli was around. When Gus came around... nothing. Eli? All kinds of excitement. Every. single. time. 

When Adam was born, Eli would stick around for the screaming, the patting, the pulling. He won't tolerate it forever, but he doesn't run in a panic out of the room, either. And while Eli has no patience for me sometimes and will bite (love bite), he has never come even close to losing his patience with Adam, even through the ear pulling and the squealing, and Eli even sticks around while I wrestle with Adam to try to keep him from trying to "ride" Eli.

Today I finally got a picture of the two of them together. It was like they had a psychic bond and decided to look at the camera at the same time.
Adam and his Eli.
I have a feeling that the second Adam moves out of his crib, Eli will be a permanent fixture at the foot of his bed. Shannon is looking forward to that since he says there isn't enough room in our bed anyway.
Big smiles

No comments: