Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breakfast Date

Since Shannon is taking a long guys' weekend at Caddo Lake, when Adam woke up this morning I decided that we would go to IHOP instead of the typical toast-and-banana-breakfast that he usually gets.

Adam is fun to take places - he's usually pretty happy, and he rarely cries... the only thing you have to watch out for is the sudden and unexpected yells of excitement that make people turn their heads.

I ordered the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity (eggs over medium, because Adam hates scrambled eggs and it's a waste of time to make them... so I got what I wanted and I shared my bacon and pancakes). Adam's breakfast consisted primarily of biscuits and bacon . . . until the pancakes came out. I originally ordered the double blueberry, but when I cut into them they weren't done in the middle. So I sent them back and said just to give us the "baby cakes" instead. That was probably my best decision of the day.

Breakfast away from the house was new... he was getting his bearings.

waiting.


Enjoying his breakfast so far...

What's this? Bacon, you say?

Giving it a try...
BACON?!
 and THEN... the pancakes appeared. Adam knew exactly what they were and while she placed it pretty far out of his reach, but he groaned and reached until I pulled it a little closer. Once within reach, he did the rest.





YUM.

YUM YUM.

His "happiness" factor went from a 7 to a 10 after two bites of pancakes.

Notice he's double fisting the pancakes here.
I eventually had to save him from himself after he devoured two whole pancakes within 3 minutes. He was full, but didn't want to give up. As consolation, I gave him a sip of my sweet iced tea...

Mom's "juice"

WHOA... this stuff is GOOD.
Probably the best breakfast date I've had in a long time. He was so well behaved with just me there, I would definitely make it a tradition.

No comments: