Saturday, September 15, 2012

Interesting Discoveries


We've discovered a few things around here in the last week or so. And by the pictures I know it appears that all we do is lounge, but that's just when the camera is out. You wouldn't want to see pictures of all the diaper changes and feedings anyway.

We discovered:

Sometimes (rarely), Colin DOES want a paci. But he has a very hard time keeping it in his mouth. I'm sure you can see why... He has a huge mouth, almost like Stephen Tyler of Aerosmith. So we bought him a 6 month old pacifier and he's doing much better, when he does want it.


When we broke out the 6 month pacifiers, they look just like Adam's pacifiers. I knew better than to test it (in front of Adam, at least) with one of Adam's "loved" pacis, and it's a good thing. Adam has been really good about "baby's pacis" and "Adam's pacis" -- and noticed right away that it was the same size as his. He helped Colin with his paci and hesitated, then pulled out his own and said, "Adam has a paci too!"

He still gave it to Colin but made sure first that it was not one of his. Then later, out of no where, he told me: "I don't like baby pacis." I said that was good because he had his own Adam pacis. If he had had the words, it might have been more like, "I don't care, I don't want his pacifier anyway." And if I weren't so proud of him for his self discipline, I might have responded, "Sure kid, keep telling yourself that."


We also learned that Colin's dimples make it impossible for me not to kiss his cheeks when he smiles. He doesn't seem to mind too much.

We learned that Claire loves her swing and is mesmerized by the mobile.
 We discovered that she can almost sit up on her own already (3 months old, 1.5 months adjusted! Wow...)
We also discovered that little genius Claire has learned that if you don't want to punch yourself in the face when you're looking for your hands, you have to create a buffer.
 We discovered that Mom's "funny faces" are not all that funny.
Colin: "Uh, be careful Claire. I don't think that's Mom."
 We discovered Claire's pretty-little-girl smile.

 And Adam showed us that you can wear a pearl necklace as a hat and eat bread and butter with a fork.

I learned that a) Colin will be my cuddle and sleep in buddy, and b) that you can always tell when a boy has a sister because he becomes accustomed to sleeping with pink blankets.
 We discovered we should probably fire the landscapers and just get Adam a riding lawnmower...
 ...once he learns to steer...
 We discovered that there is a 3 foot person running around impersonating Shannon.


...and that we're probably going to have to settle some confusion about which NFL team we cheer for in this house...

I'm confused, Dad. What's this yellow towel doing in here?

We learned that babies still put Daddies to sleep ...

We found out that babies get too big, way too fast.

See, Claire? This is my Hand.
Bonk.
For reference, this is them on a play yard 3 months ago.

Today it was very clear that Adam can't separate himself from Claire when she's in the green Bumbo, and in fact, is dying for one or both of the babies to sleep in bed with him. For the first three months they were both called "Baby Claire," and now they are both "Colin."


Don't worry. Finding Nemo isn't scary.

And finally, Adam was very pleased to discover that he had a "violin trophy" in his bed room.

But since that picture of me up there is terrible, here is another to show I don't always look like I've slept three hours a night (I usually have, but there are rare times I don't look it).


No comments: