Monday, September 10, 2012

What I Did Today... (A Picture Book)

... minus the tears, the tummy aches, the "time outs" and the yelling...

For many reasons, this is our sleeping situation:

and despite the midnight, 2 am, and 5 am wake up calls, I love it...

Because I can wake up to this.


Ninja Claire
... and this...

...and when Adam wakes up, all of this:


Tickle, tickle...



(Colin was sleeping, HARD, which is why there not pictures... we didn't want to disturb him more than we already were. Because as you can see from the video, he's right in the middle of it all...)



... and here Adam gives Claire her paci...


But then things got very busy once Adam got out of bed.

He read Colin his favorite book, The Gruffalo.
(Mickey Mouse is on TV and the iPad is right there, but he chose the book. Proud parent moment.)
Then he showed me all the things that you can do with a golf club besides actually play golf. (In case you can't tell, it's a cane, then a magic wand "ta-da!" and then a baton to conduct a symphony).



Then he wandered out to the man cave and put on Dad's hat and "read" a book about whiskey.

And shortly after that, was butt naked and in the water hose.

He went down for a nap whether he needed or not (in other words, I needed him to take a nap).

While Adam napped, Colin and Claire and I chatted.

Then we discovered that Colin probably needs to move up to size 2 diapers...

Second baby boy crack of the day...

And then Colin practiced "finding" his hands, which I have been desperate to catch on video because it's my absolute favorite of the baby milestones... and sadly, it's the one that happens so quickly too.


And after Adam woke up from his nap, he ran some more... and some more... until I finally gave him the iPad so he could play some puzzles and sat next to him and cuddled with Claire.
...the quick grin...
Claire is also finding her hands, but she gets so excited when she finds them, she punches herself in the face.

This is the closest I could get to capturing that cuteness today.
Still smiling though...
 

Finally Shannon came home from work, I made dinner, took a thirty minute break, and then joined the boys at the dinner table for chicken, cheesy broccoli rice and green beans (in which Adam ate only the green beans, some apples and some raisins).

After dinner Adam asked for a popsicle, which is fortunate, because I wanted one too.

So we went to the backyard and chatted and pointed out airplanes...


Caley joins the conversation.
 
There's an airplane!


He asks for another even before this one is finished. I tell him it's melting... eat fast.





He's asking for another one again, but already knows the answer will be "no"
Sticky boy agrees to a bath as long as it's in "momma's bathtub."
Once in the bath, he begs me to take a bath with him.  (It's like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...)


And it's not that I can't say no to this face (trust me, he gets turned down on lots of things, lots of times...), but it's just that they are not going to be this little forever, and I'm soaking up every moment I can.





No comments: