Friday, September 7, 2012

A Family Snapshot

September 8, 2012

Claire at 3 months (adjusted age: 7 weeks)

Weight
Approximately 12.5 pounds
Height
Approx. 22 inches
Clothing size
0-3 months, 3 months
Favorite Thing to Do
Socialize (Sit in someone's lap and talk and grin)
Favorite Place to Be
On Mom and Dad's Bed
Who you smile at
Everyone, but most often at Mom, Dad, Colin, and Adam
Cutest sound you make
The giggle when you see Mom.
Worst sound you make
The whine when I move Colin away from you, even when you're completely asleep.
Special Skills
Smiling, Sitting Up and Head Control
Milestones met
The social smile, rolling over, giggling, cooing, holding your head up, putting weight on your legs when in a standing position.
What you're already working on
Sitting up on your own, finding your hands
What will challenge you next
Moving from Mom and Dad's room to your own crib, in your own room.
You sleep
9:30 pm - 2 am; 2:30 am to 5:30 am, 6 - 8 am, and then a few naps throughout the day.
The Things I Never Want to Forget:
* When you open your eyes in the morning, you grin like crazy and you giggle.
* You are never quite sure what to do with your tongue.
* When I hold you, your muscles are very high tone.
* You can't get enough of your brothers, even when Adam smushes the paci into your face or Colin ends up punching you in the eye because he's trying to touch you. You sleep through it or you grin.
* Every time I look at you, I'm always surprised that if you're awake, you're probably smiling at me.
* You are very easy to hold and patient with everyone.
* You already love that paci, and Adam is the one who helped you love it.

Colin at 3 Months (adjusted age: 7 weeks)

Weight
Approximately 13.5 pounds
Height
Approx. 23.5 inches
Clothing size
3 months
Favorite Thing to Do
Sleep in someone's arms in a quiet place.
Favorite Place to Be
On Mom and Dad's Bed
Who you smile at
DADDY, sometimes Mom.
Cutest sound you make
The way you sigh when you're eating and suddenly relax
Worst sound you make
The the-world-is-ending cry you make when you're hungry or are cold after a bath
Special Skills
Hypnosis, Making people want to take a nap when they hold you.
Milestones met
The social smile, rolling over, holding your head up in a sitting position
What you're already working on
Finding your hands, giggling, rolling from your back to your stomach
What will challenge you next
Sitting up on your own
You sleep
9:30 pm - 2 am; 2:30 am to 5:30 am, 6 - 8 am, and then a few naps throughout the day.
The Things I Never Want to Forget
* The way your hair stands up in a natural mohawk right after a bath.
* Your "warning" yelp when you're hungry, which means I have approximately 30 seconds before you start screaming for a bottle.
* The way you stare at me and never look away.
* The way you feel when you cuddle up to me, how soft your cheek is when I put my cheek next to yours.

Adam at 28 Months

Weight
Approximately 35 lbs
Height
Approx. 36 inches (3 feet!)
Clothing size
3T - 4T
Favorite Things to Do
See Mamie and Grandpa and Koko, GO FOR A RIDE, Take a bath with Colin and Claire, Watch Finding Nemo and Curious George
Favorite Place to Be
OUTSIDE, in the car, or on Mom and Dad's Bed
Favorite Foods
McAllister's Mac and Cheese, Pancakes, Apples, Grapes, Green Beans and Hot Dogs.
What you wish you were allowed to do
DRIVE
Who you smile at
Everybody. Even strangers, if there were such a thing.
Cutest sound you make
The unprompted "I love you, Momma/Daddy."
Worst sound you make
The ear-splitting random scream at the top of your lungs when you are too tired or too bored.
Special Skills
Making friends, talking, learning new words, being charming, your memory.
Milestones met
You know all your colors, all your shapes, and can count to 20 (but you usually skip when pressed for time: 1, 2, 3, 9, 17). Sleeping in a full sized bed with no railing.
What you're already working on
Potty training, the ABC's
What will challenge you next
Giving up the paci for good. Going back to school 5 days a week when Mom goes back to work.
You sleep
8:30 pm - 6 am; 12:30 pm - 3pm nap
The Things I Never Want to Forget
* The way you have never once wanted to be without your brother or sister and give them gentle kisses on their heads without anyone even having to ask. You are a fast-paced, jump from great heights, danger-loving little boy, but from the moment they came into this house you have been nothing but gentle and sweet with them.
* The way you always want to include everyone.
* How you are always wanting to help - with unloading the dishwasher, washing bottles, doing laundry, bathing Colin and Claire, throwing the trash away and helping to take it out, and a million other things.
* How you give directions in the car when we go somewhere (the direction is always the opposite way from school or home, because you always want to go and do new things), and when I go that direction, you tell me I did a "good job."
* How you ask for book after book at bedtime, and how you ask me to rub your back and your feet before you go to sleep.
* How hard you giggle when I help you brush your teeth because it tickles.
* The way you "find" Nemo (and his dad Marlin) throughout the entire movie ("There he is! I found Nemo!")
* The way you yell, "Wait, Momma, WAIT!" and run after me when I leave the room, even if it's just for a second.

Erin at 32 years old

Job
Business Manager IT @ AT&T
Car
Gave up my 2007 Red Saturn Aura (the first car I bought all on my own) for a Blue 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (an incredibly generous gift from your Mamie and Grandpa) to accommodate for the extra passengers.
Favorite TV Show
The Dead Files & The Big Bang Theory
Favorite Food
Tacos
Two words to describe myself right now
Exhausted & Satisfied
Favorite part of the day
Bedtime routines and all babies in cuddly pajamas
Worst part of the day 

Walking out of Adam's room after the bedtime routine is over and saying goodnight.
Hardest thing about being a parent right now
Never being able to sit down and eat a meal like a normal person - it's always rushed, cold, or completely bad for me.
Best thing about being a parent right now
I've never gotten so many hugs in my life or have felt so like I did something worthwhile with my days.
What I do to relax
Write, take pictures
What excites me
Playing soccer, learning new things and getting to spend quality time with the people I love.
What I hope we get to do a lot together
Play sports, eat meals, take trips and cuddle on the couch.
What I hope I can teach you
To love to learn, to enjoy life, and to be confident in the wonderful person you are.
The Thing I Never Want to Forget
How much fun Shannon has when he comes home from work and gets to hold, play with, change, talk to, and feed his kids. You know it's love when it doesn't seem like a chore.


Shannon at 34 years old


Job
Operations Manager
Car
2007 Black GMC Sierra
Favorite TV Show
Cops
Favorite Food
Crawfish
Two words to describe myself right now
Stressed & Happy
Favorite part of the day
Picking Adam up from daycare
Worst part of the day
Dropping Adam off at daycare
Hardest thing about being a parent right now
Being patient
Best thing about being a parent right now
Smiles
What I do to relax
Watch TV
What excites me 
Football season
What I hope we get to do a lot together
Afternoons spent grilling and playing in the backyard
What I hope I can teach you
Kindness, Compassion, Responsibility, and Self Respect
The Thing I Never Want to Forget about
Adam
"There are countless moments that I don't want to forget with you, Adam. You have given me many smiles and lots of laughter.  Your first two years have been very eventful.  I don't want to forget any of it.  I'm lucky about the one thing I don't ever want to forget, because I don't think you will ever lose it.  Your charisma.  People love your personality.  At daycare you have made every teacher want to move up to the class you're going to next, just to be around you.  Life will try to mold you into negative ways.  Always stay positive and not let it change you.

If I answer the question in specifics and not generalities, there are so many memories to consider, it's hard to narrow down just one.  I do remember when we were in Kansas and you came down with RSV.  You were in pain but didn't show us any signs.   In the hotel you were laying on the bed and just saying "a-booo" over and over.  We found it cute because it was something you said often.  There may even be a video of it.  It was later on the way home that we discovered how sick you were.  You always handle things like a champ.  

 I will also remember wrestling on the floor and finding ways to give in to your requests to go for rides in my truck.  You are always on the move."

Colin & Claire
"There's not too much so far that has happened in the first months of your lives, but I don't want to forget knowing that when I hear either one of you fussing uncontrollably, I can walk into the room and you look up at me and immediately stop crying.  Smiles commence.  I look forward to our future together.  I can't wait to see your personalities take shape."



 

No comments: